The Republicans won and the Democrats lost. History repeats itself. Preparations for 2012 are underway and it will be one nasty, mud-slinging fight. The Republicans have the opportunity to regain the trust of the public. If the GOP can deliver on their campaign promises, they can hold power for some time.
The biggest takeaway of 2010 is the influence and power of social media. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube supplemented with a good website and online ads creates involvement and mobilization. Sharron Angle became an online fundraising legend with her online presence. Republicans learned the lessons of 2008 and capitalized on the new media trends. If you have not caught on yet, every sentence is fit for a Twitter update. 140 characters!
Republicans also took a page out of the Democrats’ playbook utilizing outside groups to influence campaigns. The Democrats will likely reorganize and ramp up their outside spending as well. Truth be told, the Democrats, Labor Unions, ended up outspending the GOP groups. If voters were tired after the 2010 Midterm, then I would disconnect your TV, phone and Internet because 2012 will be worse.
We, at Cornerstone Solutions, are excited about 2012 to see if we can help our clients win as we did in 2010. Experienced. Creative. Successful. Cornerstone Solutions.
From the first-ever female Governor of South Carolina, to the election of candidates that helped the Republicans take control of the North Carolina Legislature for the first time since 1898, Cornerstone Solutions is honored to be part of this year's historic election.
In this epic election cycle, Cornerstone Solutions managed or provided services for candidates, ballot campaigns, and independent expenditure efforts -- from US Congress and Senate to statewide legislative and ballot campaigns -- in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kansas, and Maryland.
- United States Senator-Elect Jerry Moran from Kansas. Services included absentee ballot chase program and phone banks.
- Governor-Elect Nikki Haley of South Carolina. Services included phone banks and fundraising events.
- Two US House of Representative campaigns (direct and independent expenditure campaigns). Services included web and new media, as well as TV creative and advertising.
- Florida's No on Amendment 4 statewide campaign. Cornerstone provided all the web, new media, online advertising, grassroots mobilization and social networking strategy for this statewide constitutional campaign. In addition, we managed their email correspondence throughout the campaign to educate and mobilize as part of Cornerstone's unique cross-channel new media strategy.
- Florida Home Builders Association's industry mobilization to Vote No on Amendment 4 which included mail regarding the Amendment to the membership, voter registration to non-registered construction licensee's, 400,000 paycheck stuffers to membership, employees and subcontractors, and yard signs.
- The Broward Workshop: Services included GOTV and absentee chase efforts including direct mail and phone banks for the No on Amendment 4 effort in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
- BusinessForce (Affiliated with the Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce): Successful development and implementation of their independent expenditure efforts for several key local and state races. Services included strategic consulting, direct mail, phones and voter targeting.
- Tom Murry, North Carolina House of Representatives, District 41. Our firm provided general consulting, as well as traditional and new media communications.
- The North Carolina Homeowners Alliance independent expenditure efforts for several key state house and senate campaigns: Bill Brawley for NC House 103, Rick Gunn for NC Senate 24, and Thom Goolsby for NC Senate 9. Services included strategic consulting, direct mail and phone banks.
- Maryland Homebuilders Association's independent expenditure efforts in local county commissioner races. Services included general consulting and direct mail.
- Kansas Republican House Caucus campaign. Cornerstone provided targeting, data and lists, advanced balloting and telephone communications (live and pre-recorded calls) for 30 house races across the state.
- Countywide Referendum: Cornerstone ran Palm Beach County's Community and Education Partnership's successful campaign to pass a countywide education initiative to protect 500 teachers' jobs and education programs for students.
- County Commissioners: Congratulations to Richard Ranzau and Jim Skelton who were elected as County Commissioners in Kansas. Cornerstone provided strategic consulting, direct mail, phone and voter targeting services.
- School Board Member: Congratulations to Jenny Prior Brown who was elected to the Palm Beach County School Board. Cornerstone provided strategic consulting, message development, grassroots operations, direct mail, phone, web, new media and voter targeting services.
- Judicial Races: Cornerstone Solutions helped three circuit and county court judges get elected in 2010. Services included consulting, direct mail, TV ads, phone banks and message development.
On behalf of our numerous candidate, corporate and ballot initiative campaign clients across the United States, we would like to congratulate all of them on finishing strong on Election Day.